Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Oh Buggers!

I have been creating art most days this month. Unfortunately I have not been able to make the time to get it scanned and posted. I promise that I will try to do that this weekend.

This month has proven to be eye-opening for me. I do not make the time or sometimes even the effort to create as much as I think I want to. That dismays me. I understand that right now part of it is logistics. I have been in the process of moving my studio from a corner in my bedroom to the basement. There I will have room to finally unpack all my "stuff" and have a place to create larger pieces (as opposed to doing stuff in my journal). Right now it is chaos there, every surface stacked, boxes in various states of unpacking. Hard to find a place to create, much less be inspired. But it has been a bit like Christmas. Many of the boxes have not been touched since my move back home in 2000. It has been like finding old friends. Soon I will be organized and have a place to create again. Soon.

I have enjoyed everyone's AEM creations, reading your blogs, getting to know you all, being incredibly inspired by your writings, your lives, and most of all your art! I have loved watching people like Kerstin who took the challenge and discovered that she had creativity in her. Oh I could go on and on listing everyone of you who have inspired me in one way or another. It helps so much to hear that others struggle with their muses, trying to get things out and on paper, trying to find the time, struggling with going to jobs that interfere with what we "really" want to be doing. Thanks for letting me be a small part of this...I think I will try to keep doing something every day in Dec...maybe I will at least make it happen a couple times a week eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah there you are! i was just going to pop you an email and make sure you were ok. i'm so glad to have met you through aem. you have a wonderfully creative spirit.

spreading out in your own creative space sounds wonderful. i'm going to keep a link to your site so i can keep checking in on what you're up to! ((hugs!))

Anonymous said...

Oh, indeed, let's keep the momentum going. I'd like to make something once or twice a week. Or let's say, *work* on an art project that often.

It's been wonderful to see your work, and I hope you get to posting the rest. Thanks for the inspiration!