Wednesday, November 02, 2005

November 1, 2005


This is in my Moleskine sketchbook. The background was created with watercolor wash and watercolor pencils (Derwent). The lettering is done with a Pilot Precise V5. It reads: "A baby chick must break out of her shell if she is to survive. If she chooses to remain in her shell the same enviroment that sustained her will now poison and suffocate her. She can not fly confined to the safety of her shell."

I am still not happy with using any kind of water based media in the moleskine. It doesn't seem to like water and the paper beads up. I am thinking that I may just have to stick with watercolor paper. Maybe cut it to journal size and bind them together in a journal after they are finished. But I do love the Moleskine for sketching and other kinds of journaling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I just love this. I love everything about it, in fact. The background, the egg, the quote, the handwriting around the egg, and the little beak starting to poke through. What a great image for the first day of AEM!

Caroline said...

This is a great image! What is in that shell???