Friday, November 04, 2005

November 4, 2005

I did this one Friday night after coming home from a leadership conference at church. It was an amazing and powerful time for me. I felt God's quiet nudge into a direction my heart has longed to go for some time. A confirmation of sorts. I have been trying to find the direction to go with my life since coming back home to care for my mom...giving up a career in theatre and trying to find my way in a city pretty devoid of art. Anyway, this was just a quick doodle to try to capture some of the emotion I was feeling so that I could fall asleep.

Created in my moleskine sketchbook with oil pastels, blended with my fingers and fixed by spraying with good old aqua net.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aqua Net ... is that hairspray?? Cool.

Beautiful art, Jackie. It's positively exploding with passion!

Peascod said...

Yes, hairspray, cheap as chips, and aresol (ya I know, not PC). Everyone says it will turn yellow with age, and I suppose it will, but stuff from college hasn't yet..some 30 years ago. This stuff is in my sketch book, so not worried about it as much as other stuff. I just ran out of workable fixative. jackie

Anonymous said...

i really like the composition of this piece and the passion behind it. great work jackie!